At Running Imp we believe strongly in ethical principles and good stewardship.
We are therefore proud to guarantee that we trade according to the following Ethical Trading Criteria:
Running Imp is a member of Sedex, the Supplier Ethical Data Exchange. Sedex provides member companies with a secure web-based platform for storing and sharing information on four key pillars: Health and Safety, Labour Standards, Business Ethics and The Environment.
Sedex is not a standard setting body and doesn’t approve or certify our policies and standards. Instead, becoming a member of Sedex is a sign of Running Imp’s willingness to share information and to utilise this information to help manage and improve ethical standards within the supply chain.
All Employment Is Freely Chosen
- There is no forced, bonded or involuntary prison labour.
- Workers are free to leave their employer after reasonable notice.
Working Conditions Are Safe and Hygienic
- A safe and hygienic working environment shall be provided, bearing in mind the prevailing knowledge of the industry and of any specific hazards. Adequate steps shall be taken to prevent accidents and injury to health arising out of, associated with, or occurring in the course of work, by minimising, so far as is reasonably practicable, the causes of hazards inherent in the working environment.
- Workers shall receive regular and recorded health and safety training, and such training will be repeated for new or reassigned workers.
- Accommodation, where provided, shall be clean, safe and meet the basic needs of the workers.
- Workers have unrestricted access to toilet facilities and drinking water.
- There shall be no recruitment of child labour.
- The term ‘child’ refers to a person younger than 15 (or 14 where local law allows) or, if higher, the local legal minimum age for employment or the age for completing compulsory education.
Working Hours Are Not Excessive
- Working hours comply with national laws and benchmark industry standards, whichever affords greater protection.
Living Wages Are Paid
- Wages and benefits paid for a standard working week meet, at a minimum, national legal standards or industry benchmark standards, whichever is higher. In any event wages should always be enough to meet basic needs and to provide some discretionary income.
- All workers shall be provided with written and understandable information about their employment conditions in respect to wages before they enter employment and about the particulars of their wages for the pay period concerned each time that they are paid.
No Harsh, Cruel or Degrading Treatment or Practices Are Permitted
- All employees are treated with dignity and respect. Physical abuse or indiscipline, the threat of physical abuse, sexual or other harassment and verbal abuse or other forms of intimidation are expressly prohibited.
Freedom of Association and The Right To Collective Bargaining Are Respected
- Workers, without distinction, have the right to join or form trade unions of their own choosing and to bargain collectively.
- Workers representatives are not discriminated against and have access to carry out their representative functions in the workplace.
Ethical issues must be dealt with in an efficient and transparent manner
Reporting of business performance is to be undertaken in such a way that senior management is fully and properly informed concerning the business’ true performance, risks and opportunities in a timely manner
All employees have a duty to follow the principles set out in this policy statement. It is the responsibility of directors and senior management to ensure that all employees who directly or indirectly report to them are fully aware of Running Imp’s policies and values.